Sunday, May 4, 2014

Injections and Ultrasounds

I have been on Lupron since April 22nd and it has been going great. I had my baseline ultrasound and lab on Friday to check how I have responded to the Lupron and to see if I was ready to start the Gonal F and low dose HCG. The results were both perfect. They said my Estradiol blood level came back at 19 which they said was right at baseline. And they didn't find any cysts during the ultrasound and said that it looked like I had 8 antral follicles aka resting follicles on the right ovary and it looked to have just as many on the left ovary.

So Saturday I was able to start the Gonal F and low dose HCG injections. As mentioned before those are both used to stimulate the development of the eggs and follicles. Also I will continue a lower dose of the Lupron than I was taking to continue to prevent my eggs from being released to early.

I will have 4 labs and 3 ultrasounds this week to monitor how the follicles are growing and to make sure I don't get overstimulated which would cause them to have to cancel this cycle. So they closely monitor this so they can adjust my medication dose according to how my body is reacting the the injections. Then the following week I will have an ultrasound and labs on Monday the 12th to check everything one last time before the egg retrieval. Right now they have the date set for the 14th but it could be a day earlier if they think my eggs are mature enough. Then the implantation will be set for 3 days later!

I will update everyone again next Saturday on how the progress is going! We are getting really excited with less than 2 weeks till implantation! But please keeps us in your prayers this week with all my labs, ultrasounds, and our traveling to Kettering 4 different days!


No comments:

Post a Comment