Saturday, May 17, 2014

Embryo transfer!

It's hard to believe today was the day of our embryo transfer! But before I go into details I have to share with you the thoughts I had before the transfer which actually started yesterday. We have stayed really positive this whole time about the process and last night it's just like I let myself get back into my old mindset of being anxious, thinking this could never happen for us, and looking up info on how this has worked or not worked for others which I have not allowed myself to do during this. But this morning I realized that I needed to get back in that right mind set so I went back and read all of our blogs that I have written about each step through the IVF process! And its like God just started speaking to me! So as I set there at 4 in the morning bawling, which is so not me, I just re-realized how God has truly been in this every step! And then I found this blog which I encourage everyone to read this because it could apply to any situation your dealing with: http://m.crosswalk.com/faith/women/biblical-encouragement-for-couples-waiting-to-conceive-11608040.html

After reading this it made me realize again how blessed we actually are to have been given this opportunity!  Like it mentions in the blog we have been able to increase our faith, learn the true meaning of patience, know what true joy feels like especially when keeping God first(not taking little things for granted), and finally learning to fully rely on God because there is nothing we can do ourselves to make this happen! And I wanted everyone to know that even before we know the results I truly thank God for this opportunity and for completely opening our eyes to his greatness! And whether the test comes out positive or negative I wouldn't change anything because even though we are praying with everything we have it works, it would still have been worth all the money, time, and mental exhaustion just to be able to experience this!

Ok now to the part everyone has been waiting on! We had 2 perfect embryos transferred as you can see below! We are a little biased but we think they are the most perfect embryos we have ever seen! And with having two embryos that does mean there is a chance we could have twins. But we have knew this from the beginning and are going to be thrilled with whatever God gives us whether one or two babies!!
But it was a pretty cool process to watch! The worst part was I had to drink 24 ounces of water at 8am but wasn't allowed to pee until after it was over so that a bit scary since they had a stomach ultrasound pushing really hard on my bladder while doing the transfer. But it was really neat getting to watch them put in the embryos, which we could see white spots as shown on the ultrasound showing the air puffs that the embryos are inside of after they put them in. The day could not have been more perfect and even while this may be a more unconventional way to get pregnant but it seems perfect for us!


Car ride home cause Zack just
wants to keep me laying down!
So now we began the 2 week wait that everyone talks about. They did say we still have 9 more embryos that are left and they are going to let them continue to develop till day 5 or 6 and which ever ones are still good they will freeze in case we need them for future use. During this time I will continue taking my progesterone oil shot and prometrium pills until we know the results. Like we mentioned before, after those two weeks if you haven't heard anything that is good news and if it wouldn't work we will just go ahead and let everyone know once we find out. And the point isn't to hide this from people because we're going to be dying to tell but its just to avoid the heartbreak of getting asked over and over again how the pregnancy is going when people haven't heard that we miscarried or something happened if that were to, heaven forbid, happen again. But the second we feel safe in telling everyone and we have heard a heart beat we will definitely let everyone know!!

So again please keep us in your prayers! And I hope that I will not be updating this blog for a while!!


No comments:

Post a Comment