Friday, June 27, 2014

8 week pregnancy update!

So it has been two weeks since our last update! The past few weeks I have actually felt pretty good! My main symptom is being really tired but I started to feel nauseas (but not vomiting) for a few days but I have figured out how to prevent it now, thank goodness! I have been eating really bland and smaller meals more often, changed taking my vitamin to at night, and figured out that as long as I'm driving I don't get car sick which was majority of the problem.

Today I had my 8 week ultrasound! The babies look great and are growing perfect! Its amazing how much they have grown in only 2 weeks! Baby A is measuring 18.39mm with 170.57 bpm for its heart rate and Baby B is measuring 17.57mm with 179.10 bpm for its heart rate! She said that anything between 140-180 bpm is good so were right on track! You can tell in the ultrasound picture below that they are starting to grow arm and leg buds! They said next appointment their arms and legs should be fully developed and they will be moving a lot!

On a side note they said my ovaries are still very enlarged from the fertility medicines and they said it could take a while to go down! But they said this is normal because with the pregnancy hormones it takes longer to go back to there normal size. I also found out I should only have 2 more weeks of my progesterone shots! I am so excited to be finished with these so I have done 45 butt shots so far since the egg retrieval with only 14 more to go!! Then I will stay on the progesterone pills I am on and they will slowly wean me off of those! Then I will be considered what they call a "normal" pregnant person! I am also supposed to call my regular obgyn and schedule an appointment to be ready for when I graduate(as they call it) from Kettering in 4 weeks!

Below is one of the ultrasound pictures from today and the videos of there heartbeats from! Baby B is harder to hear for some reason even though it was the louder one in person:





Thanks everyone for you encouraging words and prayers! Our next appointment is Friday the 11th of July! So just keep praying that everything continues to go as smoothly as it has!


No comments:

Post a Comment