Friday, February 21, 2014

Surgery and Testing

Thought we would update everyone on what has been going on the past few weeks with scheduling my surgery and Zack getting in touch with his urologist.

My surgery will be in the morning on March 12th at Kettering and they will be doing a laparoscopy to remove any endometriosis and a hysteroscopy will be done at the same time. And like mentioned in our previous blog by doing this our chance of success will be around 80% with the IVF procedure!

Zack got in touch with his Urologist, Dr. Shane Russell, and he had him do some blood work to test his FSH hormone level. This test is to pretty much to check to make sure his brain is sending the signal to produce sperm. The results came back and they were perfect which means there is over a 90% chance when they go in to do the TESE procedure they will be able to get sperm. The next step which he has already called on is to get his CF doctors to ok him being put to sleep to have the procedure and as soon as they give that they will work on getting a date set for it after my surgery. They won't schedule it before my surgery till the doctor knows for sure that there are no major issues that he finds while performing my surgery.

Also the first week in March when I am on day 3 of my cycle I will be having blood work to test all my hormone levels to make sure there are no issues there. I will also be starting birth control following the blood draw which they said I will be taking for 6-8 weeks.  But I could really use prayers that week because I have had issues with some of my hormone levels a few years ago but they haven't been tested since.

We hope to have more details for you next time! As we start the actual IVF process our blogs will get more in depth and more frequent! But the next time we will probably post will be after my surgery and we will have the results of what they found during surgery and my hormone levels. And we should also have the date scheduled for Zacks surgery and have better idea of when we begin the IVF medications. Again thanks everyone for your continued prayers we could not be more at peace during all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment